Write for Us
Join our community of design/business/blog writers
We believe in building a strong community through blogging in various fields. Are you interested in helping us spread that message? GoDesign.pk is aiming to grow freelancers and entrepreneurs by providing them with great articles written by you. Here are a few tips for you to get started.
Who can write for us?
Anyone. We have a couple of categories and we allow experts to write in that category. Just fill out this form here and we will let you know. If you don’t hear anything from us, it probably means the work you were offering was just not the right fit. We are very selective about what we publish.
If we’re interested in the proposal, we’ll email you and we will ask you to start your project. We will provide you with some guidelines and you will follow them while writing your blog for our website. Please don’t propose anything that’s already written on our blog unless you’re willing to change it! (When you have selected a topic, give a quick search with keywords on GoDesign Search Bar and you will have an idea if anything has been written already.)
What should I write about?
The goal of our blog is to publish the best, most inspirational content about design, coding, growing business, freelancing, inspiration and motivation, branding,, and creativity on the internet. It’s aimed at self-starters (entrepreneurs, freelancers, self-publishing authors, etc), designers (both new and experienced), and people who work at agencies.
We love articles that give tips, explain the process, some practical advice, and comparisons. We publish articles in the following categories:
- Design basics
- Design tutorials
- Design resources
- Logo & branding
- Web & digital design
- Packaging and label design
- Marketing & advertising
- Book design
- Art & illustration
- Other types of design
- Design inspiration
- Design history & movements
- Famous design & designers
- Creative thinking
- Business resources*
- Website Development
If that doesn’t get you brain-inspired, we also maintain an article ideas list. Drop us your proposal in the contact box.
Can I become a regular contributor?
When something good is found, you keep holding on to it! If you are a good writer, you are our priority. We won’t let you go. Our regular contributors are authors who have written for us multiple times. Their articles get published on priority. And yes, they make a little more money for each article they publish and can write for us on assignment.
There are no hard-and-fast rules to becoming a contributor, but generally, we are looking for people who give more ideas on articles regularly, who turn around work promptly after their topic is selected, who promote their work on social media, and lastly (but most importantly) they are strong writers. Generally, when someone has got published 4-5 articles on our website and is willing to write more, we welcome them.
You can create your writer account from here:
How do we see a good article?
A good article:
- Is on a topic you can speak about with authority.
- Provides useful, tangible advice.
- Is well structured so readers can easily obtain information.
- Is geared towards our target audience.
- Should not have a lot of grammatical or spelling errors.
- Is accompanied by appropriate, sourced visuals (one after every 250 approx.)
- Has a strong, fun voice.
- Is the one you would love to share with your friends and family.
Please check posts written by our previous writers
Once my proposal is accepted, what are the expectations?
- Deliver a draft of your article in a timely manner (usually about 4 days after we send you a brief; we will let you know if there are other writers in the queue).
- Perform any edits or rewrites requested by our editors.
- Provide sources to the imagery used in the articles (we’ll give you some guidelines).
- When your article gets published, help us in distributing it! (By sharing on social media, e.g.)
Show some ❤ & spread the word
"(Required)" indicates required fields